If you came here by searching why is your geocaching app not working, read this guide and find solutions for common geocaching app errors. The first common error is that only the app on your phone is not working, which means the fault is probably on your phone. The second common error is that the app is not working for multiple users. That means the problem is with the app in general or your app servers.
Check the solutions that might make your geocaching app working again. First, check the instructions on how to reset the app on your phone. If that doesn’t work, read the solution for checking if your app is down for other users also.
How to reset geocaching app
Turn off and turn on your phone
When your geocaching app is either glitching or not responding, try to turn off your phone. Then turn on your phone again and wait a few minutes. Open your geocaching app again to see if it’s working.
Reset the geocaching app on Android phone without re-install
This method will reset the geocaching app on your Android phone without re-installing it and by clearing its data. When you clear data of your geocaching app, it deletes all details, customizations of app settings, and offline files for that app. After that, your app will behave like a freshly installed one.
To clear data for your geocaching app on Android, do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Apps or Apps & notifications.
- Tap See all aps.
- Tap on your geocaching app.
- Tap on Storage.
- Tap on Clear storage.
- Open your app again and log in if necessary. Your app should be working now.
Uninstall and then re-install your geocaching app on Android
Sometimes you need to uninstall and then re-install the app on your phone again. Do these steps to achieve that:
- Go to the Play Store app.
- In the search bar, write the name of your geocaching app, and then search for it. This will either take you to the app, or offer a list of apps where you will then choose the name of your app.
- Tap the Uninstall button to uninstall the app.
- After the app was uninstalled, tap the Install button to install the app again
- Open your new app again, log in if necessary, and it should be working again.
Delete an app on your iPhone or iPad and re-install it again
- Find your geocaching app on your home screen.
- Touch and hold the app.
- Tap Remove app. Then tap Delete App and tap Delete to confirm. Now you have deleted the app from your iPhone or iPad.
- Now it’s time to reinstall the geocaching app again. Open the App Store app.
- Tap the sign-in button which a photo on top of your screen.
- Tap Purchased and then tap “Not on this [device]”.
- Search for the app that you want to download, and then tap the download button (it looks like the cloud).
Is the geocaching app down?
For the Geocaching.com app, check the Geocaching.com website or their official Twitter for the news about some issues with an app or their system. If there are, you can periodically check if your app is functional again.
After the issue with the app is resolved, use the instructions above and re-install your app again.